What drives us
We want to improve the quality of life of patients who suffer from the burden of chronic wounds. We realized how much the pain and the impact on the quality of life these wounds can have and that the treatment of this growing population of patients needs to be improved.
Democratizing skin grafting
We think that skin grafting is the best option to address this issue and restore skin health. We see a big need for small skin grafts of good quality in the treatment of chronic wound patients as well as for future trends in tissue engineering and gene therapy. Thus, we want to democratize it – we would like to put it in the hands of all doctors everywhere, making it as simple and cost effective as possible.
That’s why we are developing a medical device to cut small split-skin samples in under ONE MINUTE and with just ONE CLICK in a simple process that requires very little training.
Co-founder. MSc Mech. Eng. ETH Zurich specialized on product development and biomedical engineering. Former ETH Zurich Pioneer Fellow. Strategic leader of the team
Co-founder. MSc Mech. Eng. ETH Zurich specialized on product development and biomedical engineering. Former ETH Zurich Pioneer Fellow. Operational & R&D responsibility
Co-founder. MSc. in Microtech. Eng. EPFL. EMBA in General Management and Finance. 20+ years experience in Life Sciences. Former PM at Korn Ferry Futurestep. Business Development Responsibility.
Experienced Medical Device Sales & Marketing professional. Worked for six of the largest Medical Device companies. Masters Deg. in Marketing, Appl. Biology and Business. 20+ product launches
New tests on human skin (ex-vivo)
- Proof of Concept for shape/area controlling achieved
- Proof of Concept for thickness expected in Q2
Re-engineering & non-dilutive funding
- Re-engineering of the device, second prototype
- Letter of Interest from KOL
- Rapid Graft awarded SNSF BRIDGE Proof of Concept grant (starting March 2019)
>>venture>> TOP3 Business Idea & MassChallenge Switzerland
- Rapid Graft is awarded with >>venture>> TOP3 Business Idea 2018
- Rapid Graft is selected as MassChallenge Switzerland Finalist 2018 and participates in accelerator program
Third co-founder (Blaise) joins & first tests on human skin
- Third co-founder (Blaise) joins part-time
- ETH Pioneer Fellowship starts
- First tests on human skin ex-vivo
- Rapid Graft awarded Venture Kick Stage 1
Second co-founder (Manuel) joined
- First Business Plan draft
- First prototype created & first tests on pig skin performed
- Pioneer Fellowship granted (starting early 2018)
Started from a research project at ETH Zurich
- Master Thesis Marcel in collaboration with Sonja Frey (Bachelor student at ZhdK)
- Project Idea already around for almost three years, initiated by Dr. med. Clemens Schiestl from University Children’s Hospital Zurich